Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend


Weekend started great by a day off (strategy day) on Friday. We hit some golf balls on the driving range, then back to the office where I caught up with a few things and Mike & Fred started their meeting in and around the pool.

For lunch we took a drive to the Brass Bell in Kalk Bay, via Lisa's Little Wine Shop - for snacks and a glass of chardonnay. We entered the brass bell with our wine bottles chinking beside us.

Strategy talk mostly goes over my head, but I did join in with the strageically placed holiday for the Perks and Roeds in March next year. As the business is growing, we have a goal where Mike & Fred are no longer needed in the day to day operations, this first step should be in place by Feb next year. To ensure this we are going to book a 2 week holiday in a different time zone, it is my task to browse the web - the Carribean is looking attractive at the moment, for a holiday sitting around the pool.

Evening rounded off with a few drinks and snacks at a client's company's birthday party.

Saturday: With the prospect of our new TV, and the poor quality of SA normal TV, Mike and I took a drive to N1 City, to spend an hour and a half, applying for DSTV (satellite). As being outsiders and not having ID numbers, we were unable to do this process over the phone.

Purchased a rug and cushions, for our new TV room.

Evening: Had a great dinner party at Andrew & Louises House, I was the only lady not pregnant. Paula is to have a cesarean this Wednesday, Yolande next month, and Louise is half way through. So I was able to drink, my fair share of wine. We had an amazing piece of braaied steak, followed by the most amazing chocolate mousse. It is my mission this week to get this recipe, and I must make it when I am home.

Sunday: Invited to the park for a picnic, went to Woolworths to get some cold meats. Back nice and early so did a bit of work, before heading to bed to watch "You me & Dupree"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like too much fun. Mike explained to me that this SA adventure was to organize the office, expand the businees, etc. Sounds like a vacation to me. Just kidding. Glad you are enjoying yourselves now.