Monday, April 09, 2007

Sunday: Mike Home

Left early to go to the airport.

I had a bit of an accident coming out of the garage, I bumped into a pillar - luckily an Audi is strong and only the paint is peeling off - but I am a lady so I am allowed a few accidents. And Mike did not mind because he missed me!!
But enjoyed driving the car it is a nice drive, although I desperately need sun glasses or it might get a bit dangerous - I do not think I will drive until I get some.

Parking at the airport was crazy as usual, so parked miles away from the terminal. But timing was great, I only had to wait 10 minutes before Mike was through.

Back to the flat, I had breakfast (some homemade granola & Yoghurt - yum yum) whilst Mike showered and changed. We then took a long walk, past the amazing sandwich place then walked to Clifton Beach to eat. Had to sit in the shade as getting hot.
cooled down by venturing to the sea to dip my toes in. When our feet had defrosted we walked back to Sea Point.

Later on in the afternoon we took a drive to Hout Bay and caught a boat to Sea Island. (you just drive up to the island in the boat, stay for a little bit on the boat looking at all the seals then drive back to the harbour - only a 45 minute trip, but only R40 so can not complain). Did not see any sharks - this would have been very lucky - i am sure the boats would scare them away.

Joined up at the video store across the road, and got out the first 2 programmed of Spooks series 1 which we both did not watch.

No comments: