Monday, June 18, 2007

Update from Hans

At last, thanks to Nicola, I finally got into this blog.Previous attempts only took me to the Park, not Perk, blog. Nice to see Mike and Nicola after all those months.
News from here: Rene's wife has finally signed the divorce papers and therefore Sian's wedding may be on for this year. The idea is that they may get married in Bali, followed by a big party in Holland for friends and family. They want me to accompany them to Bali. I said NO, who wants to accompany his daughter on her honeymoon. So I am going. I had a nice week in Holland with Marleen and family of which we spent 3 days just together touring through the Ardennes. The grottos of Han are incredible. 110 m below ground. a 2 mile walk, 400 steps, slippery, bloody exhausted but triumphant. To entice you they said there was a tour in a boat too on an underground river.That was true except that only lasted 30 seconds. to take you to the exit.There are halls down there the size of a cathedral filled with meters high stalagtites and stalagmites. (Tites come from up to down, mites from down to up). I cannot for the life of me think that babies are beautiful but Nya is an exception! Thank you again Les for a very good meal last night, a work of art that filo pastry with salmon and asparagus. Hope this works this time. Hans 18/7/07

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Great to see you back blogging!!!