Tuesday, June 05, 2007

2 More Sleeps

We are coming home soon, and I can't wait. So much to do and so many people to see.
We are coming armed with our shopping list, for all the things that we miss.
Hopefully having this blog post will also remind me when home what I need to buy.
I always thought it was a little strange when people did this, why don't they just adapt and buy the foreign alternative. But I now have reasons:
1. There is a reason why all south africans have sugar in their instant coffee!!
2. Decaf Earl Grey - not available & Mike is fussy.
3. Stock cubes here are extremely salty, I could buy OXO cubes but cost £2 a box.
4. Gravy granules - I can't find any, only can see powder in the shop, would make my own gravy, but sometimes not possible - How do you get gravy from sausages?
5. Marmite - I did try but it tastes too different (has a hard texture - it's supposed to drip off the knife).

For all of you that still think the way I used to, just remember my bags will be filled with biltong, Pecks paste & Grandpa Tablets.

No comments: