Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mike & Nic Update July

I have just received another letter of updates from Auntie Rose and Mom has posted on the blog twice in one week so I thought I must also let everyone know what Mike and I are up to. First I am going to make a coffee..........

I am back and currently sweeping rusks crumbs from my keyboard. I have discovered some new premium double chocolate rusks and they are the perfect match to have with my morning coffee (& afternoon & after dinner). But with my new golf swing all my trousers have started to fall down, so i'm looking forward to some hearty home meals in a weeks time when we head home, and the odd rusk here and there is good for me.

Our flight details:
Leave Thursday 24th July (BA reluctantly as they were the cheapest, hopefully no holes in the seats this time). BA58 leaving 20:15 arriving T5 06:50.

14th August we fly to Dublin at 10:35 then fly home to Cape Town on the 18th August from Dublin via Heathrow.

On Friday we are heading to Fancourt Golf Estate in George as Mike has arranged a meeting to present the initial designs for their new website. Fancourt have given us a room and we will probably have dinner with Craig & Chareen. We are leaving early - so hopefully the pie shop is open early.
We will only be up for Friday, as Mike needs to head home to work over the weekend, and on Saturday afternoon we have tickets to watch the Manchester Utd versus Kaizer chiefs - which I am looking forward to as we have seats 2nd from the front and behind the team benches. Dad you will have to watch your MUTV and look out for us.

Tomorrow is an early start as we are taking Fred to the Airport for a Jo'burg trip. Which includes a TV interview after his stardom on Carte Blanche - see the post on the heavy chef. (If the video says it is not there, refresh the page and try again until it works).

I can't think of anything else exciting that has happened, it has been very cold and wintery here. I even saw snow on the mountain tops on the way to Muizenberg at the weekend. Our weekends are usually made up of a surf and then hitting a few balls on the driving range, and twice a month we can use the meshie/pitch and putt course for free. We have not used July's yet so hopefully we can go on Sunday. All our lessons have been used now, so money permitting we will sign up again when back from the UK. It really is worth having lessons for me, I learn something new each time and my swing gets better & better. Next lesson batch we are going to learn the short game. Without lessons I do not think I would enjoy it, I think I would get very frustrated. It's great that Mike and I can play together and he has some competition & of course he always wins.

Looking forward to Bridget's Wedding on the Saturday we arrive, it is at the church in bilsington and then the reception at the White Horse pub, so we will not have very far to go. I'm looking forward to some fizz, I have had a bottle of champagne in my fridge for months and no one to help me drink it.

Off to the library tonight as I have finished all my non library books that all our guests keep leaving behind for me. But for now the rain is way too hard to step out of the office and our car is only parked by the door.

xx

No comments: