Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flights Home July 08

It's taken me a year and I am still not used to the South Africa service.
Yesterday a lady at BA told me BA do not fly to Dublin???
Today I call again as I am worried flight prices will increase nearer the time. This time I get a man and I explain that we need to fly to Dublin but stop over in London for 2 weeks before the Dublin leg of the trip. As Gatwick is closer I asked to fly out of Gatwick on the way to Dublin - this time I am told BA do not fly out of Gatwick to Dublin??? To annoy me even further he tells me the total price for one person will be R14,166 (£950) so I ask him what is the price for just Cape Town to London, I was quoted R9,307 which is ridiculous seeing as a flight London to Dublin is no where near R5,000.

To solve all my problems I stick to UK service and phone BA in the UK. We now have the required flight for only £682 per person:

Cape Town to London - 24th July arriving 25th July
London to Dublin - 14th August
Dublin to Cape Town - 19th August

The 26th July we have Bridge & Pauls wedding, then until we leave on the 14th Mike will be hopefully going to London to meet new clients. So lots of time to see everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicola (and Mike of course)

If you do indeed manage to arrive in 'good old' UK, could you pencil in Sun 10 Aug: 5th Anniversary bbq wood You Like ;-)

Karin H.