Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 9 - Monday 31st January

It’s Monday and Ed’s gone to check out some car buddies so I’ve got the laptop for a while so I’m going to get on with my blog ‘catch up’ while listening to the A Century of Jazz album. Now where were we – oh yes New Year’s Eve.

I was up early as I was going to be Mim’s helper at the craft market at Sedgefield. She picked me up at 6.30 in her little white van laden with her goodies. When we arrived, there were only two other stall holders there. This was an additional market laid on as it was New Year’s Eve and Mim was not sure if there would be enough stalls to attract the punters so she said we’d get a cup of coffee and toast while we waited to see if it was worth setting up the stall. The market was opening at 10 and stall holders dribbled in. We only decided to stay at 20 to ten when we set about putting up the stall and displaying the jewellery. Our spot was one of the few shady ones between two trees.

The market was not very busy but Mim was happy with her sales. It was great just to have the time together for the two of us to catch up on what was going on with our friends and family and to reminisce and laugh about the old days.

The market finished at one and we packed up and headed back to Wilderness where Mim dropped me at our flat and headed home.

Pat had left in the morning to go back to Cape Town and Ed, Mike, Nic and I were joining the rest of the family at Pete & Mim’s. We drove instead of walking as we had loads of bubbly as well as red and white wine to take to the party.

Masses of food, booze and chat. We all set up our laptops and swapped photos. So busy doing this that Nic and I did not take any photos that evening but, with a bit of luck, Heather or Sandy did, so there may be a photo or two uploaded later.

After Auld Lang Syne and the Happy New Years, we stayed about another half an hour. My brothers and theirs are obviously made of sterner stuff as I heard they made it to 3.30!

No comments: